About Me

My photo
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
I have been an Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian for a few years and am considering making the switch to a full Vegan diet. I decided to become a vegetarian because I could no longer disassociate the meat on my plate from the loving, kind and peaceful animal it had once been. I have always been an animal lover, so I guess this was a natural progression. I am not a diet or nutrition expert by any means, I am just a woman on a mission to eat better, feel better and live better.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Success!

A few days ago I posted about wanting to make a vegan spinach and artichoke lasagna.  Well, tonight I made it and it was a success!  I take a bit of personal pride in it because my mom had some and actually loved it.  She ate all of it, and that's really saying something.  I wouldn't say that she is anti-vegan, but she does think that some of the food I eat is a little weird, like tofu.  And what was really surprising is that I made my own ricotta cheese out of tofu, she was completely aware of it and she still ate it.  So this lasagna was a success in more ways than one.  

I apologize for the late post today.  I went shopping with my mother this morning, shopped for my vegan ingredients for dinner this afternoon and then made the meal.  It will be this week's recipe so I'll be posting it along with pictures a little later after I have it typed up.  

This recipe can easily be made vegetarian as well, but it really did turn out great with the vegan cheeses.  You might want to give it a try.  But either way, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  If you're a spinach and artichoke lover like me, you'll LOVE it. 

I'm going to get to work on putting the recipe together for you, so I'm cutting this post short tonight.  I hope you had a fantastic weekend, and are enjoying a pleasant Sunday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment