About Me

My photo
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
I have been an Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian for a few years and am considering making the switch to a full Vegan diet. I decided to become a vegetarian because I could no longer disassociate the meat on my plate from the loving, kind and peaceful animal it had once been. I have always been an animal lover, so I guess this was a natural progression. I am not a diet or nutrition expert by any means, I am just a woman on a mission to eat better, feel better and live better.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

No Turkey Gravy

Well, we're two days away from Thanksgiving and I haven't been able to find the vegan turk'y gravy for my Thanksgiving meal.  I'm a little bummed because when I tried it in advance about a month ago, it was delicious!  And I've been planning on having it all this time and I can't just can't find it.  I guess I'll just go with a mushroom gravy, which will be good, but it won't be the same.  

I'm getting really excited for Thursday, to cook and enjoy all these delicious dishes.  Why do we only cook them for the holidays?  I love green bean casserole and stuffing, but honestly, I only have them at Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I just don't know why it never crosses my mind during the rest of the year to make them.  Maybe because I only associate them with the rest of the meal, and that's not something we usually have during the year.  Of course, now that I'm vegetarian, I can make these sides anytime I want without worrying about roasting a turkey or chicken, or baking a ham.  

We're having a very small Thanksgiving meal this year which I feel is more difficult than when you're cooking for the whole family.  There are only three of us in town and I'm the only vegetarian, so we're cooking additional dishes just for me.  It keeps it interesting, that's for sure.

Are you excited about the holiday, or dreading it?  Are you spending the day with family and friends, or are you enjoying a small, quiet get together at home?  Do you have everything you need?  Leave me a comment below and let me know. 

I hope you have a splendid day tomorrow and wish you all the best as you begin to prepare for Thursday.  And for all of you who will be traveling to spend the day with your loved ones, be careful and courteous out there, and I wish you very safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment