About Me

My photo
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
I have been an Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian for a few years and am considering making the switch to a full Vegan diet. I decided to become a vegetarian because I could no longer disassociate the meat on my plate from the loving, kind and peaceful animal it had once been. I have always been an animal lover, so I guess this was a natural progression. I am not a diet or nutrition expert by any means, I am just a woman on a mission to eat better, feel better and live better.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

Today, as we give thanks for the many blessings in our lives, let's not forget to include ourselves and our health.  If you're anything like me, you spend most of your life making sure everyone else is happy and healthy, and put yourself on the back burner.  I have a hard time setting aside time for myself and giving my mind and body the attention they deserve.  I am committed to making positive changes regarding both my physical and mental health by making better food choices (especially when I'm in a hurry), pushing myself to exercise like I should, and using meditation to clear my mind and release stress every day.  I hope you will join me in this commitment, through whatever personal changes you need to make in order to achieve a more balanced, healthy life.

I am also so very thankful for my parents, for their infinite love and continued support; for my friends, both near and far, who are always there with an ear, a hand or a shoulder, whichever is needed; for my pets who provide unconditional love and endless entertainment; for a warm and safe home; for the wisdom that comes with age (despite the gray hair and wrinkles); for the continuing lesson on how to love and appreciate myself; for the freedoms provided by this great nation; for the many men and women who make huge sacrifices to provide those freedoms; and most of all, for all the love that surrounds me each and every day of my life.  

I wish you all a very happy, very healthy, very filling and fulfilling Thanksgiving day.  I hope you are able to spend it surrounded by those you love and hold most dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment