About Me

My photo
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
I have been an Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian for a few years and am considering making the switch to a full Vegan diet. I decided to become a vegetarian because I could no longer disassociate the meat on my plate from the loving, kind and peaceful animal it had once been. I have always been an animal lover, so I guess this was a natural progression. I am not a diet or nutrition expert by any means, I am just a woman on a mission to eat better, feel better and live better.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Transformation

I really need to start exer...exercis....ah, heck....I need to start working out!!  Why does exercise have to sound like exorcist?   Have you ever noticed?  I have, and I'm sure that's why I've always tried to avoid it!  

But seriously, I have been eating better and making better choices, but I really need to get my butt in gear.  I was doing really well a while back with getting up early every morning and going for an hour walk.  But then it rained for about 5 days straight, and I just didn't get back into my routine.  I know, pathetic, right?  But I am a creature of habit, and when that habit gets broken, I have a hard time getting back into it.  

I have a picture of myself in my mind, but when I look at myself in the mirror, that's not what I see.  It's discouraging.  I want those two images to be the same, and the only way that's going to happen is if I make a commitment to myself to get in better shape.  I am ready to do it, so I thought I would post about it here so that you can help hold me accountable.  I hope you all will offer your support and encouragement.  I need all the help I can get.

I want the rest of my life to be better than my past.  I want to shed this heavy coat of self degradation and self-doubt.  I want to truly feel good about myself for the first time in my life, both on the inside and the outside.  That's what this whole transformation is about, really.  It started smaller than that but has grown to be so much more.  

So I am making a vow here and now to exercise at least 30 minutes every day.  No matter what.  Let the transformation begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment