About Me

My photo
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
I have been an Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian for a few years and am considering making the switch to a full Vegan diet. I decided to become a vegetarian because I could no longer disassociate the meat on my plate from the loving, kind and peaceful animal it had once been. I have always been an animal lover, so I guess this was a natural progression. I am not a diet or nutrition expert by any means, I am just a woman on a mission to eat better, feel better and live better.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

I'm Baa-aack!

I'm sorry it's been almost a week since my last post!  I have been busy doing some holiday shopping and getting my cards all signed and ready to send.  No excuses, just didn't have the time to work on anything worth posting about. 

However, yesterday I was shopping with my mom at TJMaxx and was absolutely amazed to find a VEGAN leather jacket there!  It was truly gorgeous!  It was soft like butter and really beautifully made.  Unfortunately, it was in the juniors section so there wasn't one in my size, but I was still shocked and thrilled to see it.  I cannot remember who made it, though.  I wanted to look them up online to see if I could order one for myself, but I can't remember for the life of me.  I may have to make another trip over there just to see who manufactured it.  

I didn't realize that vegan clothing was available in mainstream stores, did you?  Have any of you come across this as you've been shopping?  Honestly, I never even looked before, but I couldn't miss the vegan badge on the tag of this jacket.  They said it loud and proud!  I have looked up some vegan clothing and shoes online and found that they were fairly expensive.  I don't have a large clothing budget, so I have to be frugal where I can.  This jacket yesterday was only $30 at TJMaxx, but I don't know how much it usually sells for.

I do have to say that I have become so much more aware of what I buy without any effort at all.  I find myself looking at labels to see what ingredients are used beyond vegetarian and what materials are used to make an item.  Then I realize what I'm doing and there's this little moment where I'm extremely proud of myself.  Like yesterday, I was also looking at winter hats.  There was a cute bomber-style hat rimmed with fur and I checked the label to see if it was faux fur.  I was disappointed to find out it was real rabbit fur.  WHY?  I don't know why real fur is still used when faux furs looks just as luxurious as the real thing.  There's no reason not to use the fake stuff.  I think in order to buy something made with real fur, you should be required to watch the process from start to finish and see if you still want it!

Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement with you of my find yesterday.   I hope you all are having a great weekend and I wish you all the very best!

No comments:

Post a Comment