About Me

My photo
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
I have been an Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian for a few years and am considering making the switch to a full Vegan diet. I decided to become a vegetarian because I could no longer disassociate the meat on my plate from the loving, kind and peaceful animal it had once been. I have always been an animal lover, so I guess this was a natural progression. I am not a diet or nutrition expert by any means, I am just a woman on a mission to eat better, feel better and live better.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 7

Well, it's my last day of the Vegan Challenge, and I have mixed feelings about it.  While it's been a bit difficult to follow the strict diet every meal of every day, it's been a real eye opener for me.  I think going forward, I will choose 3 days a week to be completely vegan.  Then as I get a better handle on those days, I'll keep increasing it by one day a week until I'm eating a fully vegan diet every day.


I think this will make it easier to learn some go-to vegan meals and snack choices without the daunting task of checking every meal I eat.  I have certainly enjoyed the foods I have been eating this week, but there were too many moments when I would reach for something to eat or to cook with and suddenly realized I didn't have a vegan substitute for it.  This way, when that happens, I can just write it down and get it the next time I'm at the store, and I don't have to re-think my entire meal plan for that day.


For those of you that were following along this week, how are you feeling?  What problems or speed bumps did you encounter?

No comments:

Post a Comment